Overview About Library
Mr.Autade Anil Chhagan
The Central Library of S.B. Patil College of Engineering was established in 2009. The main object of Central library is to support the educational & research programmes of the Institute by providing physical & intellectual access to information, consistent with the present & the anticipated educational & research functions of the institute.
Library is the heart of the institution. It is a unique Knowledge Centre, which offers essential and specialized information resources and services to meet the information needs of the users. The Central Library of SBPCOE has been playing a vital role in overall development of the college since its inception. The library is enriched with variety of books, well equipped with modern facilities and resources in the form of books, e-books, periodicals, e-journals, newspapers, CD-ROMs etc.
To cultivate ‘reading culture’ amongst the student’s library increases a collection of general reading books also from time to time. The library has subscribed e-journals as well as print journals over. The Central library consists of Reference Section, Journal Section, Reading Hall, & Stack-Room. The library has unique collection of Encyclopedia, Handbooks, Textbooks, and Journals etc.
LIBRARY ADVISORY COMMITTEE (LAC)
SBPCOE Library plays an important role in the development and functioning of the institute by acting as an information resource center. It serves the interest of different constituents of the institute. A Library Advisory Committee has been formed to cater to the teaching, learning and research needs of the students and the faculty.
The members of the Library Advisory Committee are:
|1||Prof. Bhosale A.C||E & TC||Coordinator||9503103638|
|2||Prof. Admile P.R.||Civil||Member||9096423969|
|3||Prof. Ekatpure J. N.||Computer||Member||9730478743|
|4||Prof. Rawale P. P.||Electrical||Member||9970719011|
|5||Prof. Nalawade C.V.||E &TC||Member||9960795634|
|6||Prof. Kuber K.H.||Mechanical||Member||8411978111|
|7||Prof. Yadav Y. P.||First Year||Member||9503105636|
|8||Mr. Jadhav A. R.||Library||Member||9960883525|
|9||Mr. Deokate R. S.||Library||Member||9561876007|
|10||Mr. Autade A. C.||Library||Secretary||9860966732|
- Entry to the library is restricted to the bonafide members on production of valid Identity Card.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- Group discussions, combined studies etc are strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Please maintain silence in the library.
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited inside the library.
- The users must enter their details in the gate register.
- Books and other personnel belongings should not be taken in to the library.
- Without identity card the entry is prohibited inside the library.
- Library users are strictly prohibited from taking the borrowed and stamped books again inside the library.
- Student can borrow two books at a time.
- Borrower’s cards are not transferable.
- In the case of the loss of the borrower’s cards, matter should immediately be reported to the librarian in writing. New borrower’s cards will be issued on paying a fine.
- While leaving the library, books taken for reference should be kept on the reference desk, and the books taken for lending should be given to issue counter for charging.
- All the books should be returned on the date stamped on the date label affixed on the last page of the book. Absence from college will not be an excuse for not returning the book on time.
- The following conditions are to be followed for the renewal of books.
- More than one renewal will not be allowed.
- Books and periodicals should be used with care. The members will be responsible for any damages and disfigurations caused to the books borrowed by them.
- If a member damages or disfigures a book or periodical, he/she will have to replace it or pay two/three times of the cost within the time stipulated by the librarian. In case one book in a set is damaged, the whole set will have to be replaced.
- Reference Books, News Papers, Magazines and Journals should not be taken out.
- The library timing and details of fine structure are displayed on the library notice board.
- Requirement of new books may be intimated to the librarian through the concerned HOD.
- The library staff is here to serve you. So do come forward and do not hesitate to ask for any information/material you need.
- Open Access System for all our students & staff
- CAS (Current Awarness Service) & SDI (Selective Desimination of Information)
- Digital Library facility
- Internet / Multimedia / Scanning / CD Write facility
- Reprographic facility
- Bar – Code based Issue / Return facility
- Book bank facility for SC / ST and Topper students
- Online Public Access Catalogue facility
- Online E-journal facility
- SMS Alert facility for student and staff
- Circulation Section
- Reading Room Section
- News paper Section
- Digital Library Section
- Reprographic Section
- Periodical Section
- Bound Volume Section
- Reference Section
- Stack Room Section
- Book Bank Section
- New Arrival Section
|Electronics & Telecommunication Engg.||518||2743|
Print Journals/Magazines (National):
|Electronics & Telecommunication Engg.||6||02||08|
Daily Newspapers & Saptahik:
|Times of India (English)||Newspaper||Daily||01|
|The Indian Express (English)||Newspaper||Daily||01|
|Maharashtra Times (Marathi)||Newspaper||Daily||01|
|Employment News (English)||Newspaper||Daily||01|
|Saptahik Sakal (Marathi)||Saptahik||Weekly||01|
|Total Newspapers/Saptahik||Newspaper = 11||Saptahik = 02||12|