STUDENTS DEVELOPMENT & WELFARE
SDW & CG Cell is also providing platform to the students to nurture and showcase their talents through Student Association, Student Chapter, Art Circle, Cultural and sports activity etc. The Cell also develop their leadership quality through various activity organized at department and college level.
Students are also encouraged to join or form special technical interest groups like eYantra Robotics (IIT Bombay), Solar Cell that allow them to connect with and contribute to their learning in the technical field. Social Awareness Cell (SAC) and National Social Service (NSS) cell are encouraging students through various activities for social development of society and themselves.
|Sr. No.||Faculty Members||
|1||Prof. Kshirsagar S.R.||email@example.com|
|2||Prof. Paval K.L.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Prof. Deokate S.T.||email@example.com|
|4||Prof. Khare G.N.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||Prof. Bhosale A.C.||email@example.com|
|6||Prof. Jare P.B.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Entrepreneurship development programme
The education system should highlight the importance of entrepreneurship and prepare the students right from school and college education to get oriented towards setting up of enterprises which will provide them creativity, freedom and ability to generate wealth. — Dr. APJ.Abdul Kalam, Former President of India.
Prof. Shirkande S. T.
Coordinator EDP Cell.
ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME CELL (EDP) in educational institutions to develop institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture in S B Patil College of Engineering and to foster techno entrepreneurship for generation of wealth and employment by S&T persons. The EDP Cell are established in S B Patil College of Engineering, having requisite expertise and infrastructure. The mission of the EDP Cell is to “develop institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture in academic institutions to foster growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the faculty and students”.
The Objectives of EDP Cell are,
To create awareness on entrepreneurship among the students.
To inculcate entrepreneurial spirit and culture among the Science and Engineering graduates and post graduates.
To conduct programs in Entrepreneurship enabling skills.
To identify and motivate budding entrepreneurs.
To create a database on industrial information to facilitate entrepreneurs by providing information on entrepreneurial opportunities.
To assist entrepreneurs in sourcing finance, identifying market, preparation of business plan and product development.
To guide the prospective entrepreneurs in knowledge based ventures.
To bridge the gap between Industries and Institutions by carrying out the research activities for/by/within the industries.
To conduct skill industrial development training programs with updated technologies.
To provide need-based consultancy services to industries.
The EDP Cell was established in S B patil College of Engineering with faculty members from different department in the year 2017.
It has been conducting the various entrepreneurship development programs in order to promote and inculcate the entrepreneurial skills in the minds of young students.
EDP Cell is all about creating & providing platform to all the persons, who all wants to be emerging entrepreneurs. EDP Cell is about influencing young persons to lead our world economy for better future. EDP Cell acts as incubator to Society, developing future entrepreneurs.
ACTIVITIES UNDER EDP CELL
- Entrepreneurship education
- Entrepreneurship training course like Learnwise
- Entrepreneurship Games and exercises
- Guest lectures
- coffee with entrepreneur
- Skill Development programme
- Panel discussion
- Intra and inter institutional competitions
- Get together with entrepreneurs
- Story telling
|1||Prof. Shirkande S. T.||Computer||Coordinator|
|2||Prof. Admile P. R.||Civil||Members|
|3||Prof. Anpat R. B.||Computer||Members|
|4||Prof. Deokar T. V.||Electrical||Members|
|5||Prof. Bansude V. U.||E&TC||Members|
|6||Prof. Peshatwar P. B.||Mechanical||Members|
STUDENT DEVELOPMENT CELL
Prof. Paval K.L.
Student Development Activities (2018-19)
For the academic year 2018-19 we have got the permission for four schemes from Board of Student Development, Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- Earn & Learn scheme.
- Nirbhay Kanya abhiyaan
- Disaster Management Workshop
- Other scheme- Industrial Automation & Fluid Machinery – Workshop
All these activities we have conducted enthusiastically & we have got tremendous response from the students of Science Colleges and Engineering Colleges around us.
The details are as follows.
- Earn & Learn scheme
Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil Earn & Learn scheme is started from the academic year 2011-12. The total no. students selected were 15. 37 students were selected according to the guideline given by Board of Student Development Savitribai Phule Pune University for this academic year 2018-19.
The needy students selected based on their, honest & sincere. This scheme is stared from 3rd Aug.2018 and ends on 28th Feb 2019.All students were selected by proper interview in front of interview committee consisting of Dept. HOD, SDO and by the principal. Our aim of implementing this scheme is to support needy students.
National Service Scheme (NSS)
Prof. Khare G. N.
The NSS motto “NOT ME BUT YOU” reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for selfless service and empathy for fellow human beings. It underlines that the welfare of an individual ultimately depends on the welfare of society as a whole. Therefore, it should be the aim of the NSS to demonstrate this motto in its day to day programme.
The National Service Scheme (NSS) envisaged to give an extension dimension to higher education and to establish meaningful linkage between the Campus and the community. It provides opportunity to students for socially productive works and orient them to community service.
An important feature of the NSS is that its programmes are organized by the students themselves under the guidance of their teachers as Programme Officers. NSS aims at arousing social consciousness of the youth with an overall objective of personality development of students through community service. NSS is working for integrated development of adopted villages and slums through its regular activities and special camping programmes.
Over the years, NSS has made significant contribution in the field of mass literacy, health and family welfare, adolescence education, personality development, skill improvement, environment and rural reconstruction activities for creating tangible and durable community assets. Special campaigns / programmes were also launched on Substance abuse, HIV and AIDS, social evils, mass immunization, blood donation, disaster management, afforestation, Integration and social harmony. Concerted efforts are also made for improving the living conditions of economically and socially weaker sections of the society. The motto ‘Not Me but You’ underlines the guiding principle of the NSS.
|Prof. Khare G.N.||Program Officer|
|Prof. Gawande U.S.||Civil|
|Prof. Changan D.D||Electrical|
|Prof. Nalawade C. V||E & TC|
|Prof. Shirkhande S.T.||Computer|
|Prof. Jagtap M.D.||Mechanical|
|Prof. Jare P.B.||Applied Science|
Competitive Exam Cell (CEC)
Prof. Paval K.L.
“If you can dream it… you can achieve it!!”
Youth power required the direction towards the hard work and building the nation strong and corrupt free. We S. B. Patil College of Engineering, Indapur committed to build and develop a strong platform for the same for our students overall development. For that we have developed a new cell at college level, a “Competitive Exam Cell (CEC)”. CEC is an essential to explore new opportunities and path for all graduates.
First thing, it depends on what exactly you want to do in future.
1. Higher Studies- If you want to pursue higher studies, again there are various options available.
2.Govt.Jobs-Again various options are there:
3. PSUs – Core companies like NTPC, HPCL etc. hire through GATE. Some organize their own exam like BEL, AAI, DMRC etc.
a. SSC-CGL – If you want to become tax officer, excise officer etc., you can appear for this exam after completion of your Graduation.
b. Officer – If you want to serve country by entering into system and you have sufficient determination and dedication to your work, this line is for you. You can appear for various exams organized by UPSC every year. For example, Civil Services exam and if you want job in your field only, you may opt for Indian Engineering Services.
c. Banking – PO and Clerk exams organized by IBPS and SBI.
d. Some other exams include Intelligence Bureau, SSB etc.
e. Other than these if you are interested in space, you can go for ISRO or DRDO.
4 Personalities Development- You can also go for engineering entrance exam coaching institutions, if you are strong technically and you have a keen desire to impart knowledge. Also you can go for IT sector if you are good at programming.
Objectives of CEC:-
- To build and develop a strong platform through CEC for our students overall development
- To increase the percentage of graduate engineers in government sector jobs.
- To develop the abilities like- Leadership, strong effective communication, confidence, Debates, Ethical and moral based personality etc.
- Overall personality development.
- Increase the employability of graduates.
To meet the above objective we are planning the various activities through CEC.
- Forming memoranda of understanding with reputed competitive exam study circles.
- Arrange various personality development programs.
- Arrange motivational speeches from government sector officers.
- Arrange Debate, speech quiz competition at college level.
Main Advisor- Dr. P.D. Nemade sir (Principal), Prof. S.R.Kshirsagar (Dean academic)
Staff Co-coordinator:- Prof. Paval K.L.
Library Co-coordinator:- Deokate V.B.
Student Co-coordinator:- Mr. Sangram Dashrath Mane.
Prof. Malave A.C.
The recent sharp increases in the prices of oil, natural gas, uranium and coal underline the importance for all countries to focus on development of alternative energy resources. Renewable energy resources need priority because:
- The overwhelming scientific evidence that anthropological emissions of greenhouse gases from carbon combustion threaten catastrophic results from rapid climate change.
- The severe health and environmental consequences from fossil fuel combustion being experienced in every major developing country city
- The high cost, environmental damages and security threats of nuclear power. India is endowed with a vast solar energy potential. About 5,000 trillion kWh per year of solar energy is incident over India’s land area, with nearly all of India receiving the abundant solar radiation an average 5-7kWh/m2 /day, with advantages of clean character in nature.
Let’s use Clean and abundant energy source.
E-yantra Robotics Activities (2015-16)
Yantra Robotics SBPCOE Club e-Yantra Project is an initiative by IIT Bombay that aims to create the next generation of embedded systems engineers with a practical outlook to help provide practical solutions to some of the real world problems.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) sponsors E-Yantra under the National Mission for ICT in Education (NMEICT) program.
IIT Bombay envisages the ‘e-Yantra’ platform to harness the intellectual talent of young India to create utility based robotic applications for usage across variety of applications such as: agriculture, manufacturing, defense, home, city maintenance and services industries.
The overall mission is to grow a rich eco-system of ideas and applications that can propel India’s growth curve and productivity through intelligent funneling of robotics in daily living built upon an existing pool of knowledge developed by students working on such projects at engineering colleges in the area of embedded systems.
S.B Patil College of Engineering, Indapur has taken an initiative to setup e-Yantra Robotics Lab under e-Yantra Lab Set-up Initiative (eLSI) by IIT Bombay.
SBPCOE e-Yantra Robotics Lab trains the students in embedded systems and micro-controller programming by engaging them through the Project Based Learning (PBL) mode.
Benefits of e-Yantra robotics lab to students:
• Awareness of embedded systems, robotics technology and mechatronics.
• It provides platform to design, develop, program and test of robots to various applications.
• Students can participate in national and international robotics competitions.
• Improve BE projects with help of e-Yantra open source community.
• Exposure to job opportunities in robotics.
• Encourage to use robots to solve real life problems.
For students: e-Yantra Robotics Competition (eYRC):
- Engages students using Project Based Learning (PBL) to implement a solution to a real world problem.
- Robots, accessories, training material, and rulebook are given to teams selected for participation, free of cost. e-Yantra Robotics Competition Plus (eYRC+): Designed to impart advanced topics such as image processing through a theme for teams selected for participation.
- Runs parallel with eYRC.
e-Yantra Robotics Teacher Competition (eYRTC): Engages teachers through a hands-on project implementation exercise with exciting prizes and certificates.
For Students and Teachers:
e-Yantra Ideas Competition (eYIC): Solicits ideas from teams from eLSI family of colleges to encourage innovative projects and sustained use of the Robotics labs set up through eLSI.
Benefits of e-Yantra robotics lab to students :
- Awareness of embedded systems, robotics technology and mechatronics.
- It provides platform to design, develop, program and test of robots to various applications.
- Students can participate in national and international robotics competitions.
- Improve BE projects with help of e-Yantra open source community.
- Exposure to job opportunities in robotics.
- Encourage to use robots to solve real life problems.
e-Yantra Robotics Competition (eYRC):
Engages students using Project Based Learning (PBL) to implement a solution to a real world problem. Robots, accessories, training material, and rulebook are given to teams selected for participation, free of cost.
e-Yantra Robotics Competition Plus (eYRC+) :
Designed to impart advanced topics such as image processing through a theme for teams selected for participation. Runs parallel with eYRC.
For Teachers :
e-Yantra Robotics Teacher Competition (eYRTC):
Engages teachers through a hands-on project implementation exercise with exciting prizes and certificates.
For Students and Teachers:
e-Yantra Ideas Competition (eYIC):
Solicits ideas from teams from eLSI family of colleges to encourage innovative projects and sustained use of the Robotics labs set up through eLSI.
|FireBird V 2560||
|Spark V Robot|
|Fire Bird V P89V51RD2 adapter card|
|Fire Bird V LPC2148 adapter card|
|Zigbee Modules 100m range|
|Zigbee Modules Adapter|
|Metal-gear Servo Motors|
|Servo Motor Based Gripper kit for the Fire Bird V robot|
|Sharp GP2Y0A21YK0F infrared range sensor (10cm to 80cm)|
Alumni Association Cell
Prof. Ghogare R. B.
If you can dream it you can achieve it!
SBPCOE is undoubtedly one of the best Technical Institutions in the Pune University. For the last 07years of its existence has been providing high quality education in Engineering.
As alumni ofSBPCOE is part of this boundless future. Each one of you is in some way connected to our Faculty’s remarkable vision for education and research. All of you make us unique and uniquely positioned to move boldly forward.
Alumni who is highlighted on this website, is about generating the resources and facilities to truly achieve our potential.
A new version of alumni page has been launched to facilitate the alumni members of SBPCOE to update their profiles and contacts with the institution. I encourage you to explore this new site, to engage in the new online community we are creating and to contribute to our boundless vision and our unique opportunity to fulfill Engineering’s destiny as innovators, inventors and stewards of a better world.
I am happy to learn that that the Alumni Association SBPCOE is organizing its Annual Alumni Meet on 26th January 2017.
I extend my warm wishes and felicitations to the Alumni Association and wish Annual Alumni Meet 2017my very best.
I am sure the Alumni Association of SBPCOE will continue to bring its alumni together by providing them with a platform to meet and exchange their ideas with each other.
- Alumni can register online through following link : Click here
- SBPCOE INDAPUR one of the best colleges providing all basic amenities in SPPU : Click here
- Permanent Registration ID Of SBPCOE Alumni : Click here
WOMEn's grievance cell
Prof. M. V. Gaikwad
SBPCOE has established a Women Grievance Cell in the college campus to empower girl students, to boost understanding and awareness of issues related to women and to make the college campus a safe place for women students/faculties. The role of the cell is to merely safeguard the rights of female students and Faculty, and also to offer a platform for listening to their grievances. The Cell also tries to give the awareness of hygiene habits and make sure a healthy ambiance in and around the college. It also tries to provide them with the knowledge of their legal rights and redressal of their grievances.
Women Grievance Cell conducts seminars, extension lectures, speech competitions, debates, and offers a forum for conversation and deliberation on a variety of issues with an emphasis on women and their responsibility in the present-day society. It conducts a variety of social awareness programmes so as to help out the students to be aware of empathetically the weak and the down trodden of the society.
- To encourage leadership skills in women
- To build awareness about the social problems faced by women and to work for the uplift of women.
- To encourage girl students to discuss their problems with teachers without any hesitation
- To make women realize their equal responsibility in building a society.
- Empowering girl students to face future challenges.
- To promote a culture of respect and equality for female gender.
- The provision of opportunities and programs for female gender to be financially, mentally and emotionally empowered so as to promote their growth as individuals in their own right.
- Students can report their grievance to the respective In-charge, Class tutor.
- Students can place a compliant in the complaint box.
ANTI-RAGGING IN SBPCOE
Ragging is a social crime and is totally prohibited in S. B. Patil College of Engineering. Anyone found guilty of ragging and abetting whether actively or passively or being a part of conspiracy to promote ragging is liable to be punished in accordance with UGC Regulation 2009 as well as under the provision of any penal law.
S. B. Patil College of Engineering committed to provide congenial and welcoming environment to fresher and all students. To achieve this objective following measures have being taken as per AICTE / UGC Norms to prevent ragging and ensure 100% no-ragging.
- Anti-ragging committee and squad is formed
- Taken affidavit from every students and parents
- Displayed UGC regulations and punitive measures on main notice board.
- Displayed Anti-ragging posters inside campus.
- Awareness program have been conducted.
- Anti ragging preventive measures have been communicated to the students through circular.
- Tutor teacher scheme is implemented.
- Counseling cell, women Grievance Cell, Discipline committee is formed.
The students can contact the Committee Members at any time on the mobile numbers, if any incident of Ragging is observed by them.
|Sr. No.||Name||Designation/Dept||Phone Number|
|1||Prof. Kshirsagar S. R.||(HOD (Mech.Engg.)||9850022902|
|2||Prof. Sirdeshpande S.A||(HOD Comp.Engg.)||9359918610|
|3||Prof. Suryawanshi N.T.||(HOD Civil Engg.)||942121211932|
|4||Prof. Karpe S. R||(HOD Elect. Engg.)||8275325657|
|5||Prof.Bahendwar Y. S.||(HOD E&TC)||8668530727|
|6||Prof. Jagdale S. K.||(HOD FE)||9503103650|
|7||Mr. Gaikwad D.T.||(Registrar)||9970340139|
|8||Mr. Chavan Khandu||Sports Director||9604566991|
|9||Prof. Ghogare R. B.||Hostel Warden (Boys hostel)||9503103612|
|10||Prof. Gavali A.S.||Hostel Warden (Girls Hostel)||7709728158|
SOCIAL AWARENESS CELL(SAC)
Prof. Paval K.L.
If you can dream it you can achieve it!!
S. B. Patil College of Engineering, Indapur committed to implement student welfare activities, schemes for benefits of the students. This cell implement different schemes, which includes awareness in computer, conduct social activity in college and village etc.
- To conduct social activity in colleges and village like environment,solar,water & pollution, education, literacy, tree plantation, Blood donation and health camp etc.
- To create awareness in computer and its knowledge in school.
- To create awareness in school and colleges for engineering education and career.
To meet the above objective we are planning the various activities through Different Cell.
- Student Welfare cell.
- National Service scheme.
The Maharashtra government has laid out a plan to plant two crore trees on July 1. The initiative is part of “Vanamahotsav 2016-17” and officials confirmed that burning environmental issues like global warming, climate change and environmental conservation acted as the catalyst.
SBPCOE Sport Cell
Prof. Chavan K. B. Director of Physical Edu.
SBPCOE recognizes the importance of sports and recreation for the overall development of student’s personality. Play grounds for Outdoor games as well as facilities for indoor games are available and students are encouraged to make use of them. SBPCOE in a short time since inception has established itself as a force to reckon with in games organized by University of Pune and other sports associations in Pune. The Campus has adequate sports infrastructure e.g. Cricket, Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Badminton, Table Tennis, Chess and several other indoor and outdoor games. Along with the sports we provide Gym facilities to our students to make them strong and brave.
The cricket team of S.B.Patil College of Engineering, Indapur, participated in Pune District intercollegiate cricket competition organized by Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune. The cricket team along with Hon. Samadeshak balgat no 5 Mr. Chikle Sir Chief Guest, Chairman Katariya college Daund Mr. Kataria Sir. and Prof. Chavan K B, Sports Director, SBPCOE.
The Kabbadi team of S.B.Patil College of Engineering, Indapur, participated in Pune District intercollegiate kabbadi competition organized by Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune. One of the thrilling moment of our kabbadi players.
The Wrestling team of S.B.Patil College of Engineering, Indapur, participated in Pune District intercollegiate wrestling competition organized by Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune. One of the thrilling moment of our wrestling players
The Chess team of S.B.Patil College of Engineering, Indapur, participated in Pune District intercollegiate chess competition organized by Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune. One of the concentrating moment of our chess players
The Volleyball team of S.B.Patil College of Engineering, Indapur, participated in Pune District intercollegiate volleyball competition organized by Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune. One of the moment of our volleyball players with Prof. Chavan K B, Sports Director, SBPCOE, Prof. Dige Sir and Prof. Arif Sir before quarter final match.
The Volleyball team of BE Civil. Winner team BE Civil & Runnerup team TE Mechanical A Div in Ashwmedh intercollege Volleyball competition 2018-19 organized by S.B.Patil College of Engineering, Indapur.
PROF. M. M. ZADE
To enlight hidden talents among the students.
- Conduct various cultural programmes in the college.
- To contribute in developing the artistic talents of students by giving Opportunities to exhibit their talents in the form of intra and inter College cultural festivals.
- To provide a platform for students to go beyond their academic quest and explore their creative and artistic sensibilities.
- To bring limelight to the hidden talent of the students.
- To add flavor to the college by organizing various intra and inter college cultural meet.
- To screen the talents of the students and allow them to participate in Competitions.
- To plan and coordinate for Techfests.
- Scientific, Sports and cultural Intercollege competitions organized by College.
- To document the achievements of our college team.
1) Engineers Day : September 15 is celebrated every year in the country as “Engineers’ Day”to commemorate the birthday of the legendary engineer Sir MokshagundamVisvesvaraya.
2) Teachers Day: The birth date, [5 September 1888], of the second President of India, academic philosopher Dr. SarvepalliRadhakrishnan, is celebrated day, where teachers and students report to collegel as usual but the usual activities and classes are replaced by activities of celebration, thanks and remembrance.
3) Traditional Day:India is one of the most diverse countries in the world when it comes to culture and religions. As a result, the celebration of religious festivals has always been an important part of Indian culture. Indians enjoy celebrating their differences and sharing their traditions with others and due to the variety of different groups in India, there is a festival celebrated most days out of the year in some part of the country. Traditional Day is observed as a celebration of India’s diverse culture, and is usually relaxed day at work. It’s a day designated for people to come in traditional attire from their home state, or specific culture of their choice. We celebrate Traditional Day every year along with following days.
4) Women’s Day :International Women’s Day is annually held on March 8 to celebratewomen’s achievements throughout history and across nations. It is also known as the United Nations (UN) Day for Women’s Rights and International Peace.
5) Guru Purnima :This festival is celebrated by our students, to pay their respects to their teachers and express their gratitude. The festival is celebrated on the full moon day (Purnima) in the Hindu month of Ashadha (June–July) of the ShakaSamvat, as it is known in the Hindu calendar of India and Nepal.
6) Environmental Day: We celebrate World Environment Day (WED) every year on 5 June to raise global awareness to take positive environmental action to protect nature and the planet Earth